DOOOO ITTTTT (:
and I will love you furreverrz. :D
Michael and I went to the beach and we did some yoga for about an hour. Now I’m sore on my shoulders, arms, back and calves. Too many downward dogs and upward dogs and just everything. Overall good day. (:
I just went on a run and just beat my 5K time… where did this come from?! and my pace?! wtf. So out of the blue!!!! I am so excited (:
I have to put on events and stuff on campus for my job so I did a henna program! Mine is the elephant obviously! And my friend’s is the flower. It was so much fun! And I am obsessed with henna.
My day: tea, reading for my summer class (elementary school pe, lolz), and food!
Like this post if you want the fresh spring roll and peanut sauce recipe. It’s absolutely amazing! I just don’t know if it would fly with you all. Feedback?
So instead of picture Tuesday, I included a tutorial with it! I don’t know about you but I really hate when I have to readjust my headband when I work out, run or just wearing one for the day. Then, I found out about Sweatybands! However, I am a broke college student and don’t really think $15 for a headband is worth it. So, since I am oh-so crafty, I made one… I mean, three!
DIY Sweatybands Tutorial
What you need: (I went to Joanns Fabrics)
- 1/2” elastic (any size should be fine, I used 1/2” in black)
- ribbon (I got three different sizes and patterns)
- velvet ribbon (make sure these are the same size as your ribbon)
- needle and thread (I used black and my machine)
- Measure your head and cut your ribbons smaller than that. I cut to where under my ears are (I cut at 16”). Cut the velvet ribbon exactly the same. Cut elastic. (All my headbands ended up all different sizes for some reason, but I found 6 1/2” for the elastic is good).
- Make sure the pattern side is up on ribbon and flip over.
- Put fuzzy side up of the velvet ribbon on top of your headband ribbon. (So it looks like you’re going to wear it.
- Sew one side (the long side!) close to the edge. Flip to the other long side and sew that.
- Slip in elastic between the two ribbons and stitch like crazy! That way it’s secure.
- Slip in other side. BAM you’re done!
I made 3 DIY sweatybands for $10.75 which comes down to about $3.58 for one. Better than $15 right?!
I hope the pictures helped in some way. The banner is the finished product. #1 is the measurements. #2 is to show how I stictched it. #3 is me wearing the final product. I had worn this all day and it didn’t move! The velvet ribbon keeps the headband stay in place.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave in my ask! (: Happy DIY-ing!
This is the picture I tooka couple days ago. The family and I went to California Adventure because my aunt gave us free tickets! This was after World of Color which was freaking amazing! (:
This is the house I wish I lived in. I viewed it the other day and my roommates didn’t like it because the heat is a wood burning stove. It is just so precious! And it’s on a 1 acre lot. And has a hot tub. I had a dream about it last night. I’m so sad. Oh well.